The great Satchel Paige famously said, “Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
This definitely holds true for the indomitable Pete Seeger. He’s seen it all and done so much for so many people. Always a champion of the working class, of civil rights, of the environment, Mr. Seeger is still going strong at age 91.
His voice may be a bit shaky now, but he’s recruited a group of friends and children from the Forrestal School in Beacon, New York (his adopted hometown in the Hudson Valley) to help carry on the ideals of empowerment and humanitarianism that he’s embodied for nearly 70 years.
We at Awaiting The Flood are honored to offer one lucky reader a free copy of Tomorrow’s Children by Pete Seeger with the Rivertown Kids and Friends (Appleseed Recordings).
Pete plays banjo and 12-string guitar on every track, sings a few songs, but mostly leads others in sing-alongs and does the spoken-word introductions. The kids are not professional singers, but the impact of Pete as village elder passing along his knowledge and spirit to the next generation is emotionally palpable throughout. Simply put, this collection is a treasure.
So, drop us a line at Contests[at]CountryMusicPride.com (our parent site) or simply leave a comment here. Be sure to include your email address so we can contact you if you’re a winner. We’ll choose a winner by Labor Day — wouldn’t Pete be proud?
For more information go to www.appleseedmusic.com
Tomorrow’s Children track list:
1. “Quite Early Morning” (With spoken introduction, words & music by Pete Seeger)
2. “We Sing Out” (Music from Tom Paxton’s “I Can’t Help But Wonder (Where I’m Bound))”
3. “There’ll Come A Day” (Words and music by Bob Killian)
4. “Solartopia” (Verses by David Bernz, chorus by Pete Seeger and Harvey Waserman, music by Pete Seeger)
5. “Down By The River” (Words and music by Jean Valla-McAvoy)
6. “River” (Words and music by Bill Staines)
7. Mastinchele Wachipi Olewan (The Rabbit Song)” (Native American traditional)
8. “The River That Flows Both Ways” (Words and music by Rick Nestler)
9. “I See Freedom” (Words by Jeff Haynes, music by C. Lanzbom and Jeff Heynes)
10. “Take It From Dr. King” (Words and music by Pete Seeger)
11. “De Colores” (Spanish traditional)
12. “It Really Isn’t Garbage” (Words and music by Dan Einbender)
13. “English Is Cuh-Ray-Zee” (Richard Lederer and Josh White Jr.)
14. “River Song (Back and Forth The Hudson Flows)” (Traditional sung to the tune of Pete Seeger’s “Well May The World Go.”)
15. “It’s A Long Haul” (Words and music adaption by Pete Seeger and Travis Jeffrey)
16. “We Shall Not Be Moved” (Spiritual, traditional)
17. “Turn, Turn, Turn” (Words from the Book of Ecclesiastes, music and additonal words by Pete Seeger)
18. “Tomorrow’s Children” (Words by Walter Lowenfels, English tran. from Gullevic, music by Pete Seeger)
19. “Quite Early Morning” (Pete Seeger)